The purposes of the Department of Ohio Marine Corps League shall be:
- To preserve the traditions and to promote the interests of the United States Marine Corps League.
- To band those who are now serving in the United States Marine Corps and those who have been honorably discharged from that service together in fellowship, that they may effectively promote the ideals of American freedom and democracy.
- To fit its members for the duties of citizenship and to encourage them to serve as ably as citizens as they have served the Nation under arms.
- To hold sacred the history and memory of the men who have given their lives to the Nation.
- To foster love for the principles which they have supported by blood and valor since the founding of the Republic.
- To create a bond of fellowship between those in service and those who have returned to civilian life.
- To aid voluntarily and to render assistance to all Marines and former Marines as well as to their widows and orphans.
- To perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and by fitting acts to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of particular interest to Marines.
MCL Policy: Political Participation by Commandant Vic Voltaggio [pdf (216 kB)]